Job title: Senior IT Technician Level 1
Job type: Contract
Location: Klundert, Holland
Day Rate: Negotiable
Next generation management consultancy Procorre are looking for a Senior IT Technician for our latest project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for installing and configuring hardware and software on a large amount of computers, printers and other products for the client’s customers on a daily basis, using provided scripted build documents. Further quality assurance responsibilities will also be necessary. Engagement with sales teams may be also necessary, and advising the leadership team of ideas for productivity and quality improvements will be expected.
- The candidate will be responsible for configuring customers systems to their required specifications.
- Asset tagging of customer devices, providing details to the client’s systems
- Configuration of mobile devices using supplied build scripts
- Basic hardware upgrades of EUC systems – RAM, HDD, Keyboard etc.
- Basic enterprise and Network equipment configuration (Hardware mostly)
- The candidate will test systems to ensure 100% quality.
- Basic imaging of customer EUC systems using a range of methods
- Maintain minimum monthly productivity goals.
- Troubleshooting issues with computer systems, including hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Quality checking of other technicians orders
- Ensure that customers receive the highest level of customer service.
- Communicate issues concerning customer orders to the Help Desk or Team Leader.
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Performing any additional duties assigned by management.
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Take some responsibility for the technical development of other level Technicians
- Take some responsibility for helping other level technicians
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases may be required
- At times complete tasks normally associated with higher levels of technician to aid co-worker development
- To always look for improvement ideas to help the productivity and efficiency of the department
- CompTIA A+ or similar qualification desired
- Working towards further qualifications (Network+, Server+ CCNA etc.) would be an advantage
- Demonstrate the ability to handle projects and feedback to other parties on progress, issues, resolutions etc.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to solve problems and feedback to others
- Ability to share knowledge with others to aid team development
- Desired 12 months experience in the Technician Level 1 role or similar experience
- Ability to quickly learn about new technology and keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Ability to show flexibility to help the changing needs of the department
- Very good organisational skills and ability to keep focus on quality
- Ability to assemble and disassemble computer equipment, mechanically inclined
- Be working towards obtaining relevant certifications and learn about new technologies.
- Basic warehousing experience would be an advantage
- Preferably GCSE in English & Maths or equivalent